Grand Hotel History Weekend – October 15 – 17, 2021
You’re invited to Grand Hotel’s Annual History Weekend with a unique look into the story behind the wood structure built in 1887.
Saturday morning begins with a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel with Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s Resident Historian. Then, take part in a special history presentation later in the afternoon. Plus, enjoy a welcome reception and breakfast and dinner daily.
Fall is a great time of year to experience the solitude of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. We hope to see you for this special event to celebrate the history of Grand Hotel.
Bob Tagatz, Resident Historian at Grand Hotel
Mr. Tagatz, named an Historic Hotels of America Historian of the Year, is a natural storyteller. He will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s history and how the Island and the hotel came to be what they are today.
Arrive Friday, October 15 • Depart Sunday, October 17, 2021
- Rates starting at $1,224 per couple; $1,074 single
- Take advantage of our lowest rate this season and stay additional nights October 14 and/or October 17 for $329 per night, based on double occupancy. The additional nights include breakfast and dinner.
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- All resort amenities
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Saturday morning Grand Hotel History Lecture by Grand Hotel Historian
- Saturday afternoon special presentation
- Complimentary admission to Fort Mackinac (1 admission per room for the weekend)
- Complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel